Sunday, July 02, 2006

Marin Farmers Market * Encore * - June 25


Last Sunday, the whole Farm Fresh gang headed back to the North Bay. Our first stop was back to the Marin County Farmers Market then up to the Sebastopol Farmers Market in Sonoma County. We stopped back at the Marin County Farmers Market, as SF_Pearl hadn't experienced it with Gnarlita and me on our first trip.

Both SF_Pearl and I purchased some smoked wild salmon from the fish monger. I opted for the smoked salmon bellies, both peppered and original. Salmon is an excellent source of protein as well as being jam packed with heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids. I feasted on these luscious treats for lunch throughout the week. The salmon belly was accompanied by a little fat free cream cheese and arugula on a rectangle of lavosh. I just rolled up the whole thing and enjoyed.

We were all hungry, so we headed to the food stands for some grub. I had already set my taste buds towards the pupusa at Donna's Tamales. We spotted a shady spot across the street from the market area and ate our late breakfast there.

We did notice that there was valet parking available. Hmmmmm. I noticed that most all of the vehicles lined up for valet parking were high-end SUVs. I dunno...seems that there's some type of irony in all of that.

Anyway, we continued winding through the aisles sampling fruit and checking out the vegetables.

SF_Pearl and I picked up some lovely strawberries (we were drawn by the strong, sweet smell!). I don't remember from which farm they came, but they were the best strawberries I've had so far!


Next stop, Sebastopol, to its' Farmers Market.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home